Thursday, August 17, 2006

Tonight, after dinner, my dear husband offered to serve us some yummy German Chocolate cake for desert. It was left over from a luncheon I attended on Monday, but it had been covered and he had had some yesterday. "Sure" I said, so off he went. Then next thing I hear is an unhappy growl and a loud plop in the trashcan. ANTS!! All over the cake. It's been so dry here that they are coming in the house to survive, and they hit the mother-lode. Our cake. German Chocolate.

If they'd only been still for a minute, we'd have never known they were there and been none the wiser. GRRRR !

2 comments:

Jackie said...

yes, but aren't you thankful they were moving? It's good to be 'the wiser', huh?

The Johnsons said...

I like how you say the chocolate cake is the "mother-load." And so what if you had eaten the cake with ants - it wouldn't have been the first time (Dana's brownies when the Huttons were over)!